16 November 2015
02 May 2015
ATTENTION FOR OUR DEAR GUESTS!
MIND THE SUNDAY TRAFFIC IN SULTANAHMET!
Many international riders are set to hit the road, as the “The 51st Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey”, the country’s oldest and most prestigious cycling event starts this weekend... The world's sole "transcontinental cycling tour" race will be kicked-off in Sultanahmet Square at 10:00 o’clock in the morning and some of the adjacent streets will be closed to traffic...
The 51st edition of the “Tour of Turkey”, or the “Presidential Cycling Tour”, will stage a eight-leg race between more than 150 cyclists from all around the world, pedaling their way from Alanya to İzmir on a route that spans the coats on the Aegean and Mediterranean regions. The Istanbul stage on Sunday (May 3, 2015) will start from Sultanahmet Square at 10:00 a.m. and some of the streets from and to the Square will be closed to traffic. Our Reception Desk has a list of them which could be seen also in the official website of the Tour (*), so that, please arrange your morning program accordingly in order not to be affected by the closed traffic and enjoy your Sunday!(*) Official WebSite of the Tour: www.tourofturkey.org/2015/
30 April 2015
Among Armada traditions Jazz has a special place. Below are some jazz masters who had concerts at the Armada Hotel in the then “Radio Bar” and some of our Jazz Events:
- Sylvie Cobo - Emanuel de Bonneville, “La Baronne”, Concert Series at the Radio Bar, 1995-1998
- Judy & Jacky Duo Concert Series at the Radio Bar, 2002
- Bilal Karaman, “Turkish Jazz Feast”, Valentine’s Day 2012, Armada Terrace
- Dolunay Obruk - Ercüment Dolunay Jazz Duo, Armada Terrace, 2010
- Emin Fındıkoğlu Trio “Love and Jazz at the Breakfast”, Valentine’s Day 2010, Armada Terrace
- Baki Duyarlar, City of Hotels gala Jazz Piano, Armada Salon
- Stephan Micus, Festival guest, 2008
- “Monofiks”, “Ricky Ford” (Bilgi University Jazz Groups), On Cue Trio (Galatasaray University Jazz Group), Street Concerts, Sultanahmet Square, 2005
- Sunny Murray, Solo Jazz Concerts, Armada Terrace, 2000
- Alain Buisson - Mathieu Leygonie, “Premier Symptome”, Concert Series, Radio Bar, 1997
- Beth Marie, Emin Fındıkoğlu, “Ballads & Blues”, Concert, Radio Bar, 2014
- Bora Çeliker Trio, Jazz Nights at the Radio Bar, 2015
- Batu Akyol, Director, “Jazz in Turkey” (*) –Private Showing of the Documentary , 2013
(*) In the Honor of UNESCO International Jazz Day, the award winning documentary “Jazz in Turkey’”will be shown in every room of Armada Hotel during the last week of April.